06 August 2009

Jim Elliot

taken from Shadow of the Almighty:
"The way for me has certainly not been conventional or predictable in any way. But I have sought the will of God, and in this I rest. It is no use arguing what might have been if so and so had happened. We are only asked to do what we are told--small, strange, or simple as that may be--our orders are to obey, and in this my conscience is clear. I have walked in integrity, not purposing according to the flesh, that my path should be yea, yea, and nay, nay. But having purposed in Christ to do what is pleasing to Him, I find His approval (yea) and seal (amen) in the very smallest and unlikely things. Who shall doubt, or say our labor is in vain? 'Thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph.'"
*
"to gaze and glory and to give oneself again to God, what more could a man ask? Oh, the fullness, pleasure, sheer excitement of knowing God on earth. I care not if I ever raise my voice again for Him, if only I may love Him, please Him. Mayhap in mercy He shall give me a host of children that I may lead through the vast star fields, to explore His delicacies, whose finger-ends set them to burning. But if not, if only I may see Him, touch His garments, and smile into my Lover's eyes-ah, then, not stars, nor children shall matter-only Himself."

No comments:

Post a Comment