24 June 2010

How sweet the sound

for a while now I've been struggling with the concept of having lost my innocence, or youthfulness, so to speak. the label of being innocent & pure has been thrown around a lot at me in my development and it ironically enough brings me a sort of guilty feeling now. I didn't think I could maintain that label authentically as the years continued... and being pure in the sight of the Father in Heaven became a frequent prayer of mine. so reading today's devotional at Utmost for His Highest (rbc.org/utmost) was a step towards freedom from this binding fear of never being clean enough, pure enough to be in God's presence--and to be intimate with Him.
"The pure man or woman is the one who is shielded from harm, not the innocent person. The so-called innocent man or woman is never safe. Men and women have no business trying to be innocent; God demands that they be pure and virtuous."

though I find I am still chewing on the passage above, I am marked by thankfulness that God would encourage me so. Praise be to the Father: my Teacher, my Defender, and my Provider in all things good.

No comments:

Post a Comment