10 December 2010

I have come to realize that my ability to generate original thought deteriorates when I am not reading for leisurely purposes. Most of the text that I intake otherwise lacks much depth and/or eloquence (or at least the type of "eloquence" that I appreciate or am inspired by). Although I enjoy reading Christian literature and prefer the genre for the most part, I must admit that much of it lacks the craftiness and "eloquence" found in other literature. There are a few exceptions of course such as the ensemble of works by C.S. Lewis and the journals of Jim Elliot. Apart from the two though, I have struggled to find other Christian authors who have married writing as an art and content with great depth and truth. Has anyone else had any success finding such authors?

No comments:

Post a Comment