16 July 2009

The seasons for piano op. 37

...an enchanting piece of music

as I was listening to this piece by tchaikovsky today it took me a few moments to realize that my attraction to it has much to do with its incorporation into one of my favorite films. it appears in the korean movie "daisy" directed by andy lau, and (deep sigh) it fits so well.. if you haven't watch it yet--you must! that film is really a piece of art.

I used to think classical music was really boring. it's still kind of boring in large quantities, but I have come to appreciate it more-especially while studying. it's hard to listen to music while studying at times because there's the desire to sing along or focus on the lyrics--but when I'm listening to classical music it's not a problem. unless I'm listening to cello pieces, which totally distracts me, I can register classical music as background music...pleasant "noise" that may even be stimulating me to study well.. :)

1 comment:

  1. hi esther! just wanted to say that i'm officially blog-stalking you now yay! hehehe. hope you don't mind. =)
    haha and i just watched the preview for that daisy movie. it looks intense. and kinda creepy. hehe.
    anyyyways that is all! byeee!

    ReplyDelete