04 July 2009

Set free!

it's my first Independence day spent away from family (besides last year when I was in Kyrgyzstan), here in Boston. I've had a slew of different sentiments regarding this... but to put it all aside, I am going to choose to enjoy this day and to truly celebrate freedom :)

though I'm not watching fireworks at university of buffalo or attending bbq's flooded with church people, though I'll admit I'm a little bit on the lonely side today more so than other days, though there's a lot that has been on my mind and causing me to stress out... freedom is something beautiful and precious and worth celebrating with all your heart. it's a shame some people just see this day as some petty holiday that our nation makes a big deal about. can you not see that people fought hard and suffered greatly so that we can live freely? just like Christ. 

on this day, the day our our country's independence, I want to say "thank you" to everyone who made it happen... and to Jesus, who died to set us free from sin. I am freeee :) we are free

No comments:

Post a Comment