09 July 2009

Viva la vida

inspired by my western civ. class to know more about Napoleon. credit is likely due to the professor himself--prof. cliff backman--best professor I've ever had--and his teaching style. it's great. I've learned all sorts of quirky facts in that class. when it comes to the actual material, well, we'll see--quiz is next friday...but it seems as though I've retained much of that too. did you know that there were over 100,000 biographies already written about Napoleon only 10(?) years after he died?! craazy. prof backman says that N was a true genius and he enchanted many with his great charisma. I too am enchanted! instead of picking up one of the many biographies out there, I went to B&N today and bought WAR AND PEACE by tolstoy. its one of those titles that everyone hears about, but us lazy literary "midgets" fail to read due to it's great length (1110 pages). started it today. the story is about Napoleon's invasion into Russia. let you know if there's any keen insights I can snag from this classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment