16 February 2010

White as snow

In snow thou comest --
Thou shalt go with the resuming ground,
The sweet derision of the crow,
And Glee's advancing sound.

In fear thou comest --
Thou shalt go at such a gait of joy
That man anew embark to live
Upon the depth of thee.

by Emily Dickinson

To my surprise I found snow falling as I turned to look out the window this morning. though most new englanders considers it a great bother to have wet clumps of white soaking into their sneakers or fashion flats (as if they had not learned to buy winter boots), I happen to experience a depth of ecstasy when I see the snow coming down from the sky. snow's instant effect on me is the beautiful reminder that I live for a Creator that gives me another chance to live. and to live better. In Revelation 21:5 he says "Behold, I make all things new." regardless of what I've done his arms are out to receive me again and love me. the blood of Jesus has made me white as snow, so long as I receive him as my Lord and Savior. I should mention that there is the element of confession and turning away from sin in order to fully experience the newness he has to give. and that is where I'm at... in an extended confessional period. I find myself listening to the following hymn song on repeat as if by a certain number of listenings the truth will take root:

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment