18 February 2010

Some bad soy chai

Came to a staunch realization that I am much weaker than I thought. and so proceeds this confessional season of mine. this added sense of brokenness is curiously relevant to the current season in the Christian calendar. yesterday marked Ash Wednesday--the beginning of Lent. according to some website google found me Lent is... "a season of repentance and is marked by abstinence, fasting, prayers and also confession." it's almost...convenient that I find myself aware of my sinfulness and the need to repent & confess as of late. assuming that God's up to something particular. my hope is that through these spurts of relentless pain and soul-ache I'll come to know Him more and be sanctified to live in a nearness that tastes like heaven.

God's hands were at work in my day as he orchestrated a little prayer duet between me and a dear friend of mine. our encounter was perfectly timed--of course--because that's simply His style. I ordered a large soy chai at a local cafe with some time to spare before another commitment, and found myself in the most foul mood suddenly--as if something had been exposed from inside the deep. soy chai order was butchered...confused baristas fumbled to fix the mess... I stood impatiently. but because of it my dear friend and I crossed paths and she somehow knew to prod me to go pray in the chapel. as she prayed over me I found my brokenness splattered on the floor and at the foot of the cross. left the chapel sensing some sort of shift in me. more reflection is needed to isolate the words necessary to describe what happened.

blessings to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment