28 June 2010

The context of our humanity

is just what makes us effective as Christians.

exploring this idea as of late. yesterday was the first day of my lifetime that I actively chose not to attend a church service. so how was it? it was pretty fine. I perused through lovely and highly unaffordable articles at anthropologie on newbury st., treated my sleepiness with a small iced coffee, and leisurely roamed the sunny streets for a time. met up with a good friend from childhood--haven't seen her for years. yet it was so natural and delightful even.

had some restorative and confusion-quenching conversation in the evening. thankful for the people who engaged in my hard questions and chose to show me love through that, and what they had to say.

I think I experienced God yesterday. in a sobering way. no emotion on steroids or the like. possibly an indicator of spiritual or faith-related maturation? but if not, then I welcome it as just another way to experience God.

wanted to let you know, ... that... I still love you, Savior of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment