29 June 2010

Revived

made several attempts to read courage & calling by gordon smith for a month or so now. after coming to a very certain point with God yesterday I recognize a feeling of refreshing about me. my mind is more than ready to consume the words in this book now... I've nearly forgotten this ecstasy rushing through my blood as a result of reading and learning truths that resonate so deeply. it is difficult to arrange my thoughts and put them to words for the most part... and so when I come across a thought that--essentially---takes the words right out of my mouth in a such a clear... and ..brilliant way...I find the greatest joy welling up inside.

We are not merely "channels" or "instruments in the hands of God." We are coworkers with God in the work of God in the world, knowledgeable and informed participants in that which matters to the Creator (2 Cor 5).

provided is the key to the questions I've been swimming in and clouded by. we've taken verses like "he must increase and i must decrease" and "we must be servants of all" in wrong ways, to some extent. at least i have. we're not meant to just be empty bodies walking around being replicas of Jesus'. yes there is an element of us imitating Christ, for sure. but we were made in Christ's image as humans and there is something to be said for that. if you're confused, don't take my word for it. read the book and wrestle with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment