20 August 2010

Day 1 & 2 of owning a bicycle

owning a bicycle in boston is kind of frightening!! yesterday was day 1 of having a bike in my possession. pretty rough. hit my leg pretty hard while trying to stop and get off the bike, got grease all over (both legs, mid-thigh, both hands) and experienced the anxiety of possibly getting hit by something for the very first time. I've been walking it a lot--yesterday because I didn't have the lights/reflectors and it was evening when I picked it up, and this morning to work because I've been using the sidewalks and wanting to get off to cross the road. the other bikers in boston probably think I'm a joke! haha! but I'd rather be safe and hold off on the use of the bike lane until I feel more comfortable...

rode it to work this morning, which did save some time, I think, until I had to lock up my bike to those intensive bike racks, oy. took about 6-7 minutes to lock it up because the key wouldn't turn (something must have been lose?). I'm praying it will become more of a help than a burden! I do feel like I exerted less energy getting here though. will continue with bicycle adventure updates (aka me trying not to wipe out and break everything). that all being said, happy morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment